local PWD at present rate is Rs. 4,200/- per sq. mts. 100.00
of built up area for non-commercial consts. 4,200.00
Assessed value 42,000.00
Fair rateable value @ 7.5 % 31,500.00
Less 10% statutory deduction 3,150.00
Tax @ 8% 2,268.00
This property tax of Rs. 2,268a/- will be for normal residential unit of 00.00sqmts. If the building unit is used for commercial purpose the tax multiplied as per location and for this purpose the city is divided into zones more or less on the line of Patna Municipal corporation, but the factor followed for zoning is as decided by Panjim Planning and Development Authority (PPDA).
PPDA has divided the city into various zones as per their importance in over all development and these factor are considered for purpose of assessment of tax in their localities. PPDA has classified the city in following zones.
I Settlement Zones
20. How many days are required to complete the above formalities ?
Ans: Minimum 30 days.
1. N.O.C. of the owner of the property/lease agreement.
(In case the applicant is other than the owner)
2. Certificate of Health Officer in case trade is connected with food articles.
3. N.O.C from Fire and Emergency Services wherever applicable.
On receiving your application the field staff of the Corporation inspect the premises and submit the report of feasibility of trade. Thereafter your application will be decided by the Commissioner within 15 days.
22 (a). What have I to do to renewal of my trade license?
You are requested to produce original trade license along with last payment receipt/advertisement receipt /rent receipt in case of Municipal Premises/house tax receipt etc. Thereafter payment will be accepted, receipt issued and license will be returned duly renewed after 4 days.
G - ADVERTISEMENT PERMISSION
23. I want to put up my Board/Hoarding for advertisement of my business what have I to do?
You have to apply in prescribed form (Annexure VI) along with N.O.C. of the owner of the land (incase applicant is other than the owner) The Chief Officer on receiving your application call for the report of the field staff as well as traffic police (income of Hoarding) After receipt of the above report within 7 days application will be disposed off. The corporation, however, will not entertain such requests along Highways and Bus Stands and No hoarding zone declared by Government.
24. What are the rates to be charged for advertisement?
Rates are charged as per Annexure VIII.
H - House Tax
25. You are required to pay tax at the cash counter of Corporation provided corporation has issued the house tax bills?
Incase the premises is not assessed for house tax you should apply to the Corporation along with documents such as registration, Sale deed, Occupancy certificate,construction licence etc. The premises will be inspected by the Municipal staff and the same will be assessed for tax within 30 days. In respect of illegal premises the matter will be decided as per instruction issued by Government from time to time.
26. I want to pay tax of my house/establishment/advertisement what have I to do?
You are required to contact the Taxation Section Clerk who after verifying the tax register will collect the tax from you on the same day.
I-CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH/DEATH
27. I want to register, the birth of my child what have I to do?
You have to apply in the prescribed form (see Annexure IX) along with proof of Birth and certificate will be issued after 2 days from the date of birth.
28. I want to register death of my relatives what have I to do?
In case application is made within 30 days ,only certificate of Hospital Doctor is sufficient
In case you have applied after a month but within a year you have to obtain a permission from the Add. Dist. Registrar i.e. B.D.O.
In case you have applied after one year you have to obtain an order from the Executive Magistrate and copy of the said order is required to be attached with the prescribed application form.
You have to apply in prescribed form (
along with the proof of death form No. 4 and 4A respectively (As regards the time of submission of application, the same condition and at a), b), c) of this previous par will apply).
29. I want to obtain a certificate of death/birth what have I to do?
You have to furnish details of the concerned i.e. dated of Birth/Death and the name of the person concerned and the certificate will be issued within 2 days on payment of Rs. 15/- per certificate.
30. I fail to notify to the registrar within the prescribed time for registration of birth/death. In order to obtain permission from the Add. Dist. Registrar(B.D.O) or Executive Magistrate, I want a certificate that birth/death is not yet registered how can I get such a certificate?
You have to apply on simple application with details of Birth/Death. The officer after going through the record will issue such non availability certificate within 7 days.
31. What is the fees charged for the registration of Birth/Death & for issue of the certificate?
Ans: The following fees prescribed
- For registration of Birth/Death within a month after 21 days for Birth & after 14 days for Death
For registration of Birth/Death after a month but within a year
- For registration of Birth/Death after one year
- Issue of Non availability Birth & Death certificate
- Issue of certificate of Birth/Death
- Searching Charges
Rs. 10/- + 10/-
Rs. 10/- each)
36. If the Corporation fails to lift the garbage of a particular residence?
Ans: You have to make a phone call to the SWARM section of the Corporation of the City of Panaji and the matter will be attended to immediately. Phone Nos. 2224550, 2223339.
- Mobile Nos:
37. A dead animal dog/cow is lying on the road no one has come to remove the same, what I have to do?
- Accts/ Taxation Officer - 9822288091
- Shri. Nilkand Phadte – - 9422063294
- Shri. Girish Talwar - 9422063195
- Miss. Anita Talwar - 9422063199
Complain/Orally or make a phone call to the Corporation Officer and , same will be removed immediately.
38. A building adjoining to the road of my house is in dilapidated condition, which is likely to fall any time causing loss of life, the owner of building is not taking any care. What can I do i such situations?
You can make an application to the Commissioner who after examining the building/site with the technical staff will issue the necessary orders.
J-INFORMATION UNDER RIGHT OF INFORMATION
1. I want some information under the Right of information Act. What have I to do?
Ans: Corporation is not a competent authoruty uder the said Act.
|2. Whether there is any time limit fixed to dispose of my application?
Ans: Not applicable
K-PERMISSION TO USE MUNICIPAL PROPERTY
1. I want to occupy municipal land/hall/hearse van which is normally allotted to the public for their private function what have I to do?
Ans: You have to make a simple application for land/hall/hearse van giving the details of period for which you require. If the place/van is not already booked permission will be granted after depositing the necessary fees. Request for the Hearse van be made in the form at Annexure X
A street light in my area is not working for the last few days what I hav to do and whom i have to contact?
You have to make a phone call to Electricity department decribing the pole no, on which the street is not working. On receiving the complaint the same will be attended to by the above Dept.